Written by Achiever Foods Nutrition Unit
Growth is a natural process that occurs in every healthy person. Growth is one of the characteristics experienced by living things and it brings about some changes in our bodies. One major organ that helps us notice the occurrence of growth and aging is the skin, hence, it’s needs care and some attention to keep it healthy and looking fresh. For example; wrinkles on the face, neck, hands, forearms (the body parts usually exposed to the sun) etc, dark spots, loss of muscle tone, reduction in energy levels, poor skin turgor are all evidence of aging occurring.
In some instances, some people tend to age faster (pre mature aging) due to factors like stress, overweight, poor diets, too much exposure to sunlight, smoking, alcohol, pollution, moisture and many more.
The skin becomes weaker, wrinkles and loses its elasticity as time goes on. It is also observed to become dehydrated as an individual age.
Here are some foods that provide anti-aging remedies that help to reduce aging related concerns:
1. Avocadoes – Avocados are a great source of antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids which helps to reduce the rate at which telomeres shorten. Telomeres are tiny protein chains, like cap ends on an individual’s DNA that protects the chromosomes from deteriorating, the longer they are, the more protected your DNA strands are. To an extent, telomeres control the aging process but as an individual ages, they automatically shorten. Other foods that contain Omega-3 fatty acids are: walnuts, chia seeds and flax seeds.
2. Honey – Honey is one of the best forms of a natural moisturizer, it helps to keep the skin hydrated and to slow down the process of wrinkle formation. It is also a rich source of antioxidants that help to repair skin cells that are damaged. With one to two (1 – 2) tablespoons organic honey (natural), apply honey on the face and massage it gently for one to two minutes. Leave it on for about 20 minutes then rinse it off with water. You can do it every day or every other day. Be careful so it doesn’t enter the eye. Kindly confirm with your doctor if you are allergic to honey or pollen.
3. Daliha Tea – Drinking Daliha Turkey Berry Tea has several health benefits, including lowering blood pressure, lowering blood sugar, losing excess weight, boosting energy and blood health as well as boosting immune system. Daliha Teas also helps to promote skin cell rejuvenation.
4. Noni Juice – Noni fruit has been shown to enhance the repair of genes in some studies. Drinking it’s juice helps to moisturize skin and improve skin turgor.
5. Aloe Vera – Aloe vera is a rich source of vitamin E. Applying aloe vera to skin routinely helps to moisturize the skin and remove wrinkles. Kindly confirm with your doctor before you use.
6. Regular Exercises and Massages – Regular exercising enhances blood circulation in the body, same as massages, including facial massage. This activity promotes nutrient supply to every part of the body including the skin. It also helps rid the skin of wrinkles.
Things To Note
- Avoid smoking as it exposes your skin to extra oxidative stress, which damages collagen and elastin which helps your skin to look fresh and healthy. It also constricts the blood vessels in your face, obstructs the circulation of blood to your blood vessels which in turn deprives your skin of vitamin A.
- Avoid unnecessary exposure to ultraviolet light as it affect’s skin health by breaking down collagen, it also causes abnormalities in elastin, which causes an individual’s skin to become thinner and also enhances wrinkle formation.
- Eating healthy – vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin E, vitamin D (from natural sunlight and some foods) and proteins are mostly used in skin care products to enhance healthy skin. Ingesting foods that are rich in these vitamins would help you form new healthy cells. Colourful fruits like carrot contains some of these vitamins.
- Wrinkles can also be caused by lack of sleep, eating unbalanced diets, stress, pollution and excessive use of cosmetics.
Prevention is always a better option to every trouble in life. Aging is natural and no one can stop it. However, we can prevent its effect on our bodies to some extent. The above advices when adhered to will bring some satisfaction regarding your bodily appearance and overall health. Our experts are available to assist you on your questions.
If you need any Daliha Product, kindly click on the link below www.achieverfoods/shop to place your order and it will be delivered to you at your door. Call or WhatsApp 0200877339 and we will attend to you.