Written By Achiever Foods Nutrition Unit
Life is gradually returning back to normal in many parts of the world even though Covid-19 has not gone completely. Since life must move on it is important that we ensure we observe certain important measures whilst we are out of home.
It takes a lot to gather courage and step out, to attend to essential matters and especially to have a fighting spirit that keeps you on the move.
The impact of Covid has been felt globally. Even now some countries are still battling it out as many lives are still being lost daily. Numbers of active cases and deaths has reduced in Ghana but it is not finally over yet. It is important to still practice the safety protocols, to keep you and your family safe in this period. Prevention is always better than cure, however when the disease is detected, breaking the transmission cycle is very effective in controlling the spread and for protection of other susceptible hosts.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 or COVID-19 is a new respiratory virus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. It is different from other human coronaviruses that cause the common cold.
Based on currently available information and clinical expertise, older adults (aged 65 years and above) and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 (CDC).
🥬 Where Did The Covid-19 Come From?
COVID-19 ( SARS-Cov 2), like the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS ) and already known Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) coronaviruses, likely evolved from a virus previously found in animals. The remaining known coronaviruses cause a significant percentage of colds in adults and children, and these are not a serious threat for otherwise healthy adults (Centre for Disease Control-CDC).
Transmission Risk of infection
This is dependent on exposure to the presence of the virus organisms.
Also, close contact with infected persons have the highest risk of infection.
Spread is via
• Human to human contact
• Droplets ( through cough or sneeze)
• Close personal unprotected contact with infected person.
• Contact with contaminated formites ( door handles, surfaces etc)
🥬 Common Health symptoms
• Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
• Chest pain or tightness
• Loss of appetite
Early diagnosis and treatment is key to recovery. Seek immediate medical attention to confirm and know how to take care of yourself or to be cared for when you experience any of these symptoms.
How To Stay Safe Outdoors During Covid-19
To stay safe outdoors in Covid season, one must comply with standard and transmission-based precautions:
• Social Distancing: Ensure about one meter distance with persons in the open and avoid unnecessary gatherings.
• Hand Hygiene : Adhere to frequent hand washing with soap under running water. Hand sanitizers or Alcohol hand rubs can also be used but hands must be washed with soap under running water when visibility dirty after using hand sanitizers or Alcohol hand rubs.
• Respiratory or cough etiquette precautions must be adhered to while in a facility or in the open, especially common areas.
• Cleaning and disinfecting : Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of places commonly used by people with the appropriate disinfectants to reduce the number of microorganisms on surfaces and reduce the risk of infection.
• Facemask : Both medical and non-medical face mask ( Cloth facemask, WHO approved), should be worn to places where person to person contact is prone and safely discarded if not reusable.
• Eye Protection: Googles or spectacles can be worn to protect the eyes.
• Face shield : Face shields should be worn in addition to the nose mask to protect the face.
• Passively screen visitors for symptoms of acute respiratory illness before entering a facility or gathering.
• Personal Protective Equipment : Ensure you are properly dressed when you need to visit an infected person.
Interupting mode of transfer and protection of susceptible hosts helps to break the chain of transmission and reduce the spread.
The Bottom Line
Stay Safe and adhere to standard safety protocols. Prevention is always better than cure. Most importantly keep a positive mind as you protect your body from this infection. You will Live and not Die.
If you need any Daliha Product, kindly click on the link below to place your order and it will be delivered to you at your door. https://achieverfoods.net/shop/. Call or WhatsApp us on 0200877339 and we will attend to your orders.
If this article was helpful to you, please feel free to Share your Comments with us. Thank you.